Thursday, February 28, 2008

Games VS Movies

Time for another Games VS Movies post. So far I`ve seen bad movies made after good games, this time, the movies have not yet appeared but they are made after really good games.
The first movie is none other than Far Cry, inspired by the island shooter with the same name, the first Island first person shooter which, back when it appeared, had tons of system requirements, at least we won`t need too many graphics cards to see the movie. Trailer impressions : poor action movie. What can i say ? Another would-be hero named Jack (Who the fuck is Til Schweiger anyway ?) trying to save the day fighting would-be bad guys with bullet magnets in their pockets. I guess making a good movie asfter a game is just as hard as trying to get an emo to tell jokes. I guess we`ll see this movie sometime this year, after summer no doubt.




Another announced movie makes its way to today`s post: the one, the only World of Warcraft. A movie after the most played MMO so far, a big name indeed. The only thing i know for sure about this one is that it`s announced for 2009. The movie is supposed to be about the World before the MMO launched. Excuse but last time i checked humans and orcs were somewhat communicating and all the living races joined forces to beat off the not so living, and now, in the World we can see boneheads in Ogrimmar, allied with Blood Elves. So many twists and turns which need explaining. I guess emos can really tell jokes, sad jokes, but still, jokes.

4 comments:

punisheru said...

I don't know exactly how to express myself upon this speculations. I'll just lay it down: Probably, they'll kick ass, be some imba movies, or, suck as hell, bringing the reputation of the games somewhere under the sea level. I don't want to bring any further speculations than you did there, bro, but, look at the previous movies made after games. 98 percent of them suck, what can I expect of these two?

I rest my case.

Shade said...

FarCry will probably suck since it's directed by our hated Uwe Boll. But Warcraft is written by Chris Metzen (the guy in charge of the lore at Blizzard) so at least the story will be worthwhile. We'll see.

Anonymous said...

My partner and I absolutely love your blog and find nearly all of your post's to be exactly what I'm looking for.
Do you offer guest writers to write content for you personally?
I wouldn't mind publishing a post or elaborating on many of the subjects you write concerning here. Again, awesome web site!

My website :: http://www.Mhyx.com.cn

Anonymous said...

This article is genuinely a fastidious one it helps new the web visitors, who are wishing in favor of blogging.


my site mega magnum male enhancement